Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Fashionably Late - February 22, 2012

SAYLOR CATHERINE DUPREE - Born February 22, 2012
Although her original due date was February 14, 2012, Saylor wanted to be fashionably late...and she was!  8 days late, Saylor was born at 11:18pm on Wednesday, February 22, 2012 weighing in at 6 lbs. 13 oz. and 19" long. 
She was an EXTREMELY fast delivery!! I started feeling some contractions around 6pm while we were at dinner at Chick-fil-A, but they weren't bad at all, so we went to our family night Bible Studies at our church.  We left there around 9pm and got home at 9:30pm.  By now the contractions were a little more noticable so I called my mom to come over and stay with the boys.  We tucked in Aidan & Roman and told them that Nana was going to be there in the morning with them because their baby sister was coming.  It was really nice to be able to kiss them goodnight and let them have a normal bedtime routine.  My mom got to our house around 10:15pm, and at this point the contractions are about 5 minutes apart, so we rush to the hospital!  I started "transitioning" in the truck (basically meaning I'm about to give birth) and my contractions were about 1.5 minutes apart.  We barely get to the hospital, parked, walked to the front and guess what...the doors were LOCKED.  So then we have to walk back around and find doors that would open, get on the elevator and by the time they get me to a room I'm 9cm and in full-on active, hardcore labor.  I really wanted an epidural, but at this point that wasn't happening.  I freaked a little when I realized I had past the point of drugs (I am not one for all natural births...if the epidural is there I usually take it!  With Roman I barely got one that just took the edge off, but I was too late with Saylor), but Josh and my midwife were AWESOME and really helped me realize that I had already done the hard part, all I had to do was push.  I only had to push a few times and she was here!!  To be honest, natural childbirth is THE most painful thing I've ever done. It wasn't bad until I got to a 8 and the last two cm and pushing were pretty hardcore...I would describe it as feeling like your body is being ripped in half; HOWEVER, afterwards I felt incredible.  I could walk around, I had a ton of energy and I really felt like we could have gone home that night.  I would recommend natural childbirth IF you have a superfast delivery :) 
 This is RIGHT after she was born...such an amazing feeling to hold the baby you've been carrying for the past 9 months

 Josh got to cut the cord.  We've been really blessed with fast, easy deliveries on all of our babies and Josh has got to cut the cords on all of them too :)

 Sweet little girl!
 6 lbs. 13 oz.  It's amazing she's so tiny for being so late...I was grateful :)
 So in love

 Proud Pappy & Daddy!

 She already has her Daddy wrapped around her finger :)
 Josh and Mike & Cathy
 My dad (Pappy)...my mom was at our house with the boys

 They're excited for their third grandchild....first granddaughter

 Our first picture with the 3 of us


 The next morning my mom came and got to hold her once Cathy (my mom-in-law) took the boys
 Saylor and her Nana & Pappy...my mom is so excited to have a granddaughter :)


 Aunt Deb
 Aunt Deb (Mike's sister), Josh and Grandma Faye

 All the bows and all the pink is so fun! 
 Aunt Joan (Cathy's sister) and Samantha
 Melissa and Samantha (her oldest)
 The first time the boys got to meet their sister!
 Aidan is holding her and Roman wants to give her kisses

 Our family of 5 :)



 God is amazing...she is such a blessing
 The boys are so funny...they DESTROYED our room in a matter of minutes.  This is Roman licking the window and Aidan eating chips (which ended up on the floor!).  They're all BOY, and I love it :)
 Our amazing friends Steve & Sarah
 Tommy!!

 Her going home outfit

 With a matching bow of course :)
 Leaving the hospital

 The boys LOVE her. 


 Kisses!
 Aidan & Roman picked these flowers for Saylor and Mommy while at Grandma's house.  They're so sweet :)




 Such a cute face!
 Now it's 3 to 2...girls are making a comeback :)
 Kyle & Bethany came to visit!  They watched Herschel while we were at the hospital, which was so nice. 

 Aunt Em!  It's a little funny...Saylor was born while Shelley was back at school, Emily was in Colorado on a ski trip and Bethany was in LA on a business trip!  All 3 of them were so sad that they weren't here when she was born, especially since they had all cleared their schedules the week before when she was supposed to be due! :)

 She's so precious
 Aunt Em playing with the boys
 Cathy & her mama (Grandmama)
 Saylor's going to have to be tough with these two...
 Granddaddy and Grandmama
 We're so blessed with such great friends and family.  Bethany set up a meal calendar for us so we have had meals every night from a bunch of different friends.  This is Addison, my good friend Cynthia's daughter.  They dropped off a meal and visited.
 Cynthia!  Best baker EVER. 
 Saylor and her boyfriend Crew!  This is Roxanne's baby...we've been super close friends since 6th grade!  We were both due on Valentine's Day, but Crew came at the end of January and Saylor came at the end of February.
 Seesha!!  Shelley took off work the weekend before expecting Saylor to be here, which she wasn't because she was so late, so Shelley had to wait a week to see her!  It almost killed her :)
 Our sweet Aidan down at the lake


 Saylor's first time down at our dock
 Roman wanted to hold "bebe"...
 he wasn't kidding...
he had a death grip on her!  I love that our boys love her so much.

We have been so blessed.  Aidan & Roman are so fun and I love that they are best friends.  I also love that they have reacted so well to Saylor.  It's like she has always been here and the transition from 2 to 3 has been really easy in that regard.  Overall, everything has gone back to normal pretty quickly.  The first week was a little crazy, but Josh went back to work a week later and it hasn't been that bad being by myself with a 3 year old, a 2 year old and a few days old!  I definitely have my "moments," but Josh helps out so much when he's home.  He's such an amazing dad.  We also have received so much help from family and friends.  We are SO HAPPY to have Saylor with us and it's just amazing to have another blessing in our lives.  We are so thankful and have so much to be thankful for.  GOD IS GOOD.

2 comments:

Candi Long said...

Congratulations Dupree Family!! I have been checking your blog everyday for a baby update! Saylor is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! So glad you made it to the hospital in time :) Praying for a quick recovery!

Candi Long

Lea said...

What a precious "little" family you have!! Saylor is just beautiful- the boys seem so proud! Congratulations again!!