Friday, July 3, 2009
I can sew now!
My mom and I spent the last couple of weeks down in her basement sewing all of these valences for my house. Last year I found fabric and got a price quote for how much it would be to have 4 valences made, and the labor to make them was insane! So, I always had wanted to learn how to sew so I got my mom to teach me. It was so much fun! We did everything, from sewing the fabric onto the piping, to cutting everything out, to sewing everything together! I have to say that I'm pretty impressed with our sewing capabilities!
Here are the two big valences in my kitchen nook.
The other two valences go over my door to the deck, and over the last window on the end.
I LOVE the knobs!
I have a new respect for fabric and sewing. I also learned very quickly why they charge an arm and a leg for labor to make valences!

It was a great experience! I now officially can sew, and I really love it! Our next project is to make drapes for my dining room and make drapes and valences for my mom & dad's bedroom. I'm excited to start sewing again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Those look so good. I could use you at my house.
Post a Comment