Thursday, January 30, 2014

1st month of life...

The first month of life for Maddox man was great!  We had a few sleepless nights, but honestly the adrenaline kicked in for this first month and with all the help we got it was an easy transition.  My major meltdowns didn't happen until month 2, so stay tuned lol ;)

Maddox Man's 1st Bath
 His little umbilical cord fell off after the first week, so he got his first real bath and loved it!



1st Month at life and he rocked it
 December 9, 2013 and this little guy is already 1 month old!  He was sleeping 6 hours straight through the night, taking lots of naps during the day, and he's a great eater.  The first month was wonderful.  He's an easy baby...and pretty patient too ;)



 During his first month of life he scratched his face a lot (he was the master at getting those pesky mittens off his hands so he could really go to town on his poor little face!).  He was extremely alert (this must have been due to the 3 other faces that were constantly in his face poking and prodding him like a science project!) and really strong...he could hold his head up for periods of time.

Comparison pictures
 Before at 38 weeks...
 after!
 Before...
 after!  Worth every minute of that 6 hour labor :)
 Before... (wow, I'm huge. It's funny, you feel huge but you really don't realize exactly HOW huge you are until you look at pictures!)
 after!

Random pictures
 Could Say get any cuter?!


 The night my water broke with him (this was before I went to crossfit), and Maddox at a few days old!

 The Moby Wrap...my enemy.  I know, I know...some of you moms out there love this horribly confusing contraption.  I am not one of you.  I have spent a few hours watching You Tube videos explaining how to put on the 20 foot long fabric, and it never turns out right. I can do it if Josh puts it on for me, which isn't much help if it's during the week and I'm on my own...with 4 kids.  The last thing I have time for is taking an hour to put on that stupid thing, not to mention the cussing that ensues in my head, leaving me in a not-so-awesome mood with a not-so-strapped-in properly baby!  
 Maddox during his first week of life!  You can see his little umbilical cord!
 Exhaustion. has. set. in.
 Naps on Mommy

 Our 4 blessings!
 Howdy
 My sweet friend Emily and her new baby girl Myla! Her and Maddox are 6 weeks apart.  Between the 2 of us we have 7 kids! Welcome to the South ;)! jk
 Myla and Maddox...they even have their own hastag #mylaandmaddox
 Throwback: 37 weeks pregnant with Maddox at crossfit

 This boy is obsessed with his new brother
 Go Dawgs!

 Benjamin and Maddox
 Kisses from Say girl

 Can this picture get sweeter?...
 Yes it can!

3 Dupree Boys

The first month of life with Maddox man was great, and it feels like he's been in our family forever.  That's one of the coolest parts about expanding your famiy to me: the minute a child (one you bore or one the Lord lead you to adopt) comes into your family, it's almost like you cannot imagine life without them.  

No comments: